- This event has passed.
History in the Making: Digitization and Storytelling Event
June 12 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Dallas Asian American Historical Society is excited to host “History in the Making,” a free digitizing and storytelling event where community members can bring documents and photographs to be preserved and/or share their oral history in a video interview for our upcoming documentary series, “Hear Me ROAR: A Collection of AAPI Stories.”
Participants will receive protective acid-free storage sleeves, to ensure the longevity of their materials, as well as a USB drive containing the digital files. The digitized artifacts will contribute to a growing body of Asian American public history in Dallas, be retained in our online collection, and potentially be displayed in future exhibitions.
Examples of artifacts include, but are not limited to:
- – Documents that capture what life was like;
- – Photos of people at work or play; or at social events; alone or with friends and families;
- – Immigration documents, marriage or birth certificates, business licenses, letters, diaries, school or military records, newspaper clippings
- – VHS or DVD films and home movies*
- – Film negatives or slides
* Digitization of movies may require more time. We will digitize and return them to you at a later date.
RSVP for the event below: