In honor of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, join us for a free workshop and learn how to document your legacy through oral storytelling and historic preservation.
The hour-long informational workshop will be followed by a digitization/community archiving session.
Bring documents, photographs, and artifacts to be preserved, with the option of donating digital files to our online collection and contributing to a growing body of Asian American public history in Dallas.
Examples of artifacts include, but are not limited to:
– Documents that capture what life was like;
– Photos of people at work or play; or at social events; alone or with friends and families;
– Immigration documents, marriage or birth certificates, business licenses, letters, diaries, school or military records, newspaper clippings
– VHS or DVD films and home movies*
– Film negatives or slides
* Digitization of movies may require more time. We will digitize and return them to you at a later date.
Participants will receive protective, acid-free storage sleeves, to ensure the longevity of materials, as well as a USB drive containing the digital files.
RSVP for the free event below: